This summer school on cryptography offers undergraduate and graduate students and researchers the opportunity to crypt a bit. It provides acquaintance and interaction in an intellectually stimulating and informal atmosphere in pleasant surroundings.
The crypt@b-it is organized in cooperation with the Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Horst Görtz Institute for IT-Security, and the Technische Universität Darmstadt, CYSEC. In cooperation with IACR and GI, FG Krypto.
The one-week summer school crypt@b-it 2018 will explore some areas of cryptography. Invited Speakers are:
- Stefano Tessaro, Department of Computer Science, University of California, Santa Barbara.
- Mike Rosulek, School of EECS, Oregon State University.
- Maximilian Gebhardt, Bundesamt für Sicherheit in der Informationstechnik (BSI).
In addition, there will be tutorials and hands-on exercises on topics somewhat related to the lectures, possibly including an exhibit of an actual Enigma machine. The intended audience are undergraduate and graduate students as well as postdocs and researchers who work in the area or at least have a basic knowledge.
|Evening||Social activity||(Hint: Botanic Gardens, today open til 20:00)||(Hint: *Bierbörse, Rheinaue)|
The reduced registration fee for students and phd students is 120€, please send a certificate of study from your university. The regular registration fee for the event is 600€. Cancellation is possible until the end of the registration period.
This amount includes daily refreshments, lunch, and the excursion.
We are sorry but the registration is now closed. If you still want to register please write an email to the organizing committee.
- We had reserved a contingent of accommodations at the BaseCamp Bonn including a public transportation ticket. You may still try to book your favorite caravan here. Mind that most caravans have enough space for two, so if you'd like to share with a colleague don't hesitate. In case of questions contact...
- You can look for rooms via bonnregion Tourismus & Congress GmbH.
- Accommodation in Bonn.
- There are various other booking possibilities. We found
- eHotel.de (search preconfigured for one adult, 22-28 July 2018).
- Booking.com (search preconfigured for one adult, 22-28 July 2016).
- BaseCamp Bonn (about 30 minutes by public transport).
- Youth hostels:
- Jugendherberge Bonn (about 40 minutes by public transport or walking, use Travel Information from "53127, Haager Weg 42" to us for details).
- Jugendherberge Bad Honnef (about 70 minutes by public transport, use Travel Information from "53604, Selhofer Str. 101" to us for details).
- Jugendherberge Köln-Riehl (about 60 minutes by public transport, use Travel Information from "50735, An der Schanz 14" to us for details).
- Jugendherberge Köln-Deutz (about 60 minutes by public transport, use Travel Information from "50679, Siegesstr. 5" to us for details).
- Travel information.
The b-it is on Campus Poppelsdorf, Endenicher Allee 19a.
- Since this is also a GI event, you can use the special railway conditions for GI events.
For questions, further information, or suggestions, please send an email to the organizing committee.